Expert Lawn Care & Pest Control Services for Residential & Commercial Properties in Overland Park, KS
Our services include fertilization, aeration, perimeter pest control, and even tree and shrub care!
Overland Park is the second most populous city in Kansas, with its population nearing 200,000. However, its humble beginnings date back to when it was founded in 1905 by William B. Strang Jr. This vibrant city is perfect for all walks of life, providing a balanced mix of rural and suburban living. There's also much to do here, like visiting the Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens to admire more than 800 plant species, appreciating the architectural beauty of the Museum at Prairiefire, and buying fresh, local produce at the Overland Park Farmers' Market.
Overland Park, KS, is undoubtedly beautiful, and at Sam's Turf Care, we help residential and commercial properties reflect that by improving lawns and eliminating pests! We've been providing expert lawn care and pest control services since 1985, including fertilization, aeration, perimeter pest control, and even tree and shrub care!
Some of the lawn care services we offer are fertilization, weed control, and aeration.
- Fertilization: Fertilization is an essential lawn care service, as it'll feed your turf with nutrients that boost its green color, encourage root development, and aid in healthy grass growth. Our fertilization program consists of five treatment applications from February/March until November/December to provide a consistent nutrient supply throughout the year.
- Weed Control: Weeds are opportunistic nutrient thieves, stealing from your grass for themselves. Fortunately, our weed control treatments are effective against all types, including foxtail, crabgrass, dandelions, clover, and more! We'll apply pre-emergents in February/March and again in April/June to get ahead and prevent weeds from sprouting through the soil. Then, we'll utilize post-emergents throughout the rest of the year to eliminate any growth that has already surfaced.
- Landscape Bed Weed Control: Don't let weeds steal nutrients from your plants - we offer weed control treatments to keep your landscape beds weed-free and healthy! We'll apply pre-emergents in the spring, then spot-treat any existing weed growth as needed.
- Aeration: Core aeration is the process of pulling up "cores" of soil to create passageways for nutrients to reach your turf's roots. We'll perform this service in the fall, the best times being September and October, to loosen compacted soil and give your lawn the ability to absorb even more nutrients before the winter season.
- Overseeding: Overseeding will make your lawn thicker and denser by filling bare areas with new grass growth, but we offer this service with aeration to give the seeds direct contact with the soil; this will better the chances of them successfully germinating. What's more, we use a premium blend of fescue and Kentucky bluegrass seeds that will thrive in the climate here in Overland Park, KS, and yield resilient, durable, and healthy grass growth.
- Lime Treatments: Acidic soil can harm your turf's health, preventing it from absorbing the nutrients it needs to stay healthy. Fortunately, our lime treatments, which we'll apply in the winter, will correct your soil's pH and reduce thatch, thus improving your lawn's nutrient uptake.
- Tree & Shrub Care: Your trees and shrubs are focal points on your property and need routine care to stay healthy and beautiful. Because of this, we offer fertilization and preventative disease and insect control treatments to supply them with all the nutrients they need and prevent them from suffering an infection or infestation.
Our commercial snow removal service is just what you need to keep your business accessible even in the winter!
Pests Will Become Problems of the Past With Our Pest Control Services
- Flea & Tick Control: Fleas and ticks make being outside less enjoyable for you and your pets alike, but they'll become problems of the past with our flea and tick control service! We'll apply our highly effective granular treatment to your lawn in late summer, between July and August, to protect you from these harmful pests.
- Perimeter Pest Control: Our perimeter pest control service includes six treatments throughout the year, which we'll apply two feet up the exterior wall of your home or business and three feet out from the base. That way, you won't have to worry about pests getting inside!
- Grub Control: Grubs are as much a nuisance as they are destructive to your turf, but we can get ahead of them by applying preventative grub control treatments before they hatch; this will kill them before they have a chance to begin feeding on the roots. However, we also offer curative treatments to tackle an existing infestation and get your lawn back on the road to recovery.
- Mole & Vole Repellant: We'll apply our repellant treatment to your lawn six times a year to repel moles and voles away from your property.
Call to schedule any of our lawn care and pest control services today.
At Sam's Turf Care, we offer lawn care and pest control services to property owners in Overland Park, KS. Whether you need fertilization, aeration, perimeter pest control, or anything in between - we've got you covered. Call (816) 886-1121 to schedule any of our services today.